Tuesday 2 November 2010

slow cooker goodness.

I love food. I love making it, looking at it, talking about it, smelling it, anticipating it and EATING it.
I've been in bed, ill, and haven't eaten a proper meal for four days (instead I have been consuming soup and honey on bread very cautiously) so on my first full day of recovery I figured cooking a meal for the family would be the best method of celebration.
In this case, chicken, chorizo and butternut squash stew.
I made it in a slow cooker because I was lazy today but it's just as tasty in a big ol' pan.



The exact level of retro-ness of the slow cooker is VERY important.

Basically, it's chicken, chorizo, butternut squash, onions, tomatoes and whatever else stewed up. It's better when you remember to add the kidney beans though. And even better with chick peas and loads of garlic.
Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment