Thursday 6 October 2011

it's darker in the mornings.

I wake up at 5:45 every (week)day for work. Despite the fact we didn't really have a summer in this country, it is lovely to wake up at that time and the sun be above the horizon. It's not any more. There's a steely blue glow but it's certainly not daylight.
I thoroughly enjoyed the sudden surprise heatwave last week. I spent it at home, away from London, in my parent's garden surrounded by grape vines and on the beach. It was sublime and it makes me wish I had had a summer at all.
But there was a slightly icy chill in the air this morning that triggered a little thrill in me. The romantic idea of winter. Of scarves and gloves and hats and sheepskin and walking through frosty grass and real fires and hot drinks and the smell of cinnamon and cloves and of Christmas.
And now I'm excited. And these photos have got me even more in the mood.




In fact, e.kristina's whole Winter photostream on Flickr gives me that little shiver of excitement.
Time to get the knitwear out.

No comments:

Post a Comment