Thursday 8 March 2012

who run the world...

It's International Women's Day. And I am a feminist. Not in the old fashioned bra burning hairy legs way but in the new way so many of us embody the ideas of feminism. I am determined, limitless and very very lucky. Thousands of women all over the world are not as lucky as I have been to be born in a country where women can be independent human beings and achieve whatever they like be that owning their own business, creating, being a devoted mother, even driving a car. Yes the world is a much better place for women, but there's still a long way to go.
My sister is a far more articulate person so I will direct you towards this amazing blog post from her.
As for me, here are some of my favourite women and those that inspire me, for many different reasons.

Hetty Bower. Peace Campaigner.
One of the founding members of the CND.
At 106 years old she still marches for peace.

Grace Coddington.
Fashion is insane, stupid and often damaging.
But it's about beauty and play and Grace Coddington has never forgotten that.

Elizabeth I.
I need to read more on her. I've been fascinated by her since primary school.

  Kirsten Wiig.
Comedy is difficult. Comedy as a woman is even more difficult.
Kirsten Wiig is just plain hilarious.

These are by no means the most incredible women in history. I just really really like them.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment