Sunday 17 June 2012

the "hideously expensive leather jacket" conundrum.

A lot of people have been there at some point in their clothes buying life. You spend ages (in my case, years) looking for something perfect, determined to not buy anything until the one comes along.You don't want to settle for a series of cheap mediocre items that amount to the price you would have paid for one expensive version you would keep forever (this is how I feel about T-shirts but that's a whole different story for a whole different post).
I have spent years looking for the perfect leather jacket. I found it. It was named, aptly, Perfecto. It was by Joseph. It was £945. Yikes.

 So when, one day, driving down the King's Road, I spied a similar shape, with gold zips peering out of a leather shop window, I got a little more excited. Maybe it's cheap! Maybe it's just as beautiful! Maybe they'll give it to me because they can see no one will love it like I love it!
I thought about going back for a few months. Yesterday I went back. It wasn't cheap. It was less than half the price of the Joseph number but still by no means cheap. So I did the proper thing and sat down with a coffee and made a list.


Only went and bloody well bought it didn't I?


I regret nothing. Though I am now not buying anything other than food and tickets to Batman for a long time.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment