Saturday 31 December 2011

adieu 2011.

I don't remember seeing in 2011. I was in a reasonably terrible bar in Ascot surrounded by people I didn't know (lovely people but unknown people nontheless) save for one friend who came to the rescue when my orginial plans fell through. I ended up being put in a cab to go home early and being really rather sick.
It's not the best start to a year.
At the beginning of the year I was working three jobs. Two different waitress jobs to keep my head above the water and freelancing to attempt to push my "career" forwards. I did every short film, feature or tiny bit of experience that came my way. All unpaid. Then I got a properly paid job designing the costumes for a feature. It was minimum wage but it was paid. I had to quit my waitress jobs to do it. I thought it was the start of my career. It wasn't. It was horrendously unproffessional, I didn't get paid and I quit the job halfway through. Thankfully, the incredibly kind people at Porters and Bedgebury Pineatery took me back.
I had no money. I felt sick with worry.
And then, a few days after my birthday in May, I got a phone call to come and do a couple of days work as a runner for the costume department on a feature. And this happened.


 And then this happened. Then this.


I feel incredibly lucky right now. Here's hoping 2012 will be as kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment